The round table at Yarn Folk has seen many projects, and even more topics of conversation. It’s been in the shop since the beginning, and was purchased from CWU surplus. I’ve been told by several reliable sources that it used to be a library table (and last I checked there was a piece of petrified gum still stuck underneath).
I’ve never been a big fan of the golden oak stain, so over the next little bit, I’ll be stripping it. It will be functional in between stages, but will likely look beat-up in new ways for awhile.
Hope to see you around the table soon!
I’m beginning to place orders for the fall, and I’d love to have your input on some of the new yarns Berroco is introducing. The fall yarn tasting is $12, and includes knittable samples of six yarns plus refreshments, and I’d love to know what you think—about the yarns, the patterns, and the color options. Give me a call or stop in to register for one of the two sessions (dates above).
Finishing my Cable Channel Pillow (front view above, back below) got me thinking about all the possibilities for knit and crochet pillows. Since they are a relatively small canvas, they are a great place to play with different techniques—knit or crochet cables, illusion knitting, stranded knitting, intarsia, granny squares—close to anything you might like to try, really.
Pillow patterns that have caught my eye are in this bundle on Ravelry (along with some other miscellaneous home decorating items).
Cable Channel Pillow
The Cable Channel Pillow was a knitalong that started (and finished!) in April, and I finally pulled it out and finished it. Even though it got put aside for longer than necessary, it was a fun project, and while I love my cats, this does make me wish I trusted them around knitted pillows. This sample will live at the shop.
(If this project interests you, I do also have high quality 14” square pillow forms available for purchase.)
Breezeway, all finished. I increased the length by a couple of inches, as I do with nearly all sweaters. The pattern, as written, calls for just one yarn—I incorporated a contrast color for all the edging, plus 1:2 stripes for the lower body. As fingering weight sweaters go, this one clicked right along. (The sleeves were only a few rows beyond the separation from the body stitches!)